With ELTIM Remote Control units we make it possible to activate significant Power Supplies by a (mostly 12V) external signal or on/off switch. While doing so, you can f.e. use the supply of your preamplifier (as we do ourself) to activate your poweer amplifier.
The coming modules with a small power supply on board allows to use a relatively small on/off switch where there is no significant AC current flowing inside the cabinet, a possible source of hum.
We are also thinking of a module where a sound signal will activate the circuit.
All modules have a similar start-up procedure:
- At activation a first relay is coming in and feeding the connected power supply via a 100ohm/35W SMD resistor.
- Due to this the start current will be 2,5A max. at first moment and decreasing fast after that. Without a circuit like this it can be way over 10A.
- Due to this series resistance the transformer and connected supply capacitors will be charged relatively slowly without a serious inrush current.
- After a few seconds a second relay comes in, shortcutting this resistor and connecting the power supply directly to the mains power.
- An integrated primary fuse protects your device if something rally goes wrong.
For a correct VAT% calculation, please select your country:
Nice that you visit our site. Please indicate here which cookies we may place. The necessary cookies do not collect personal data. The other cookies help us to improve the site and your visitor experience. They also help us to inform you about our products. Are you going for an optimally working website including all the benefits? Then tick all the boxes!